The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 75% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has around 530 cops —less than 5 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
8. So please - don’t get it twisted
just another flower growing in a concrete jungle.
somewhere, a scifi superhero movie is missing its protagonist.
Sport Science S02E11: World’s Toughest Woman (June/21/2009)
"Gina can land all 8 blows in a blistering 3 seconds. And how much does this maelstrom combine to generate? An amazing 4,800 pounds of force. That’s like a North Pacific giant octopus pounding you with all 8 of it’s arms. Translation: In 3 seconds, Gina could brake your ribs, give you a concussion, shatter your nose, rupture your spleen, cause internal bleeding, and put you down for the count."
but women can’t be superheroes
I want to be her.
ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW THIS SHIT.
I’VE NEVER WANTED A NIGHT LIGHT SO MUCH
I heard you were talkin’ shit
What I like about this is that it implies that Tony’s best mode of attack somehow involves him ramming himself into a wall head first.
I wouldn’t be that surprised if he did honestly
mareofmynight’s favorite bands (6/15) - Lacuna Coil
Lacuna Coil is an Italian Gothic metal band from Milan, founded in 1994. Inspired by the combination of gothic imagery and music, the members have been known, musically, for composing mid-tempo songs consisting of prominent guitar lines and contrasting dual female/male vocal harmonies to help create a melodic, detached sound. As of March 2012, Lacuna Coil has sold over 2 million records.
im really pissed that palindrome isnt palindrome backwards
Ah, yes but emordnilap is a word!
An emornilap is any word that, when spelled backwards, produces another word. Examples of emordnilap pairs include:
- desserts & stressed
- drawer & reward
- gateman & nametag
- time & emit
- laced & decal
- regal & lager
And therefore “emordnilap palindrome” is an emordnilap palindrome.
Which I, for one, think is really frickin’ cool.
Another Meme I Won’t Finish: [11/15] Relationships » Spencer & Ashley
↳ “Most times you’re more than just family to me.”
dragonborn at their finest
like a kitten, trying to scare you with her little paws and bite
I ALMOST HAD A HEART ATTACK
No but try picturing Cosima as you listen to Tat rapping and it suddenly becomes 100000 times better!
“Wrong Century” by Tomas Kucerovsky
the look of wistfulness on her face just punches me straight in the heart
this is literally my favorite piece that ever comes up on tumblr and if you want me to change my mind well then goOD LUCK WITH THAT
“My wife and I are here to see our son off to college for his freshman year. We just said goodbye, so I’m out of sorts emotionally. It’s a big change—he’s been living with us for 18 years, so it’s hard not to think of the years gone by when he was younger and more emotionally vulnerable and we’ve helped him through various crises. We live in California, so there will be a big gulf between us once we fly back this afternoon. It’s nerve-racking. He seems anxious. He wants to be a writer—he’s very creative—and he’s moody and takes things personally, so he doesn’t make friends easily. It’s also very different here from where I went to school in California. My school made an effort to create an instant social network for freshmen—here, he’ll have to seek it out. Maybe it’s better this way: he’ll find like-minded students rather than being thrown together with everyone. Still, the first couple of weeks will be tough.”
Page 1 of 884