in Canada they don’t pronounce Z as "zee"
they pronounce it as "zed" and that is crazy to me
it sounds like they made a typo when they invented it
They do that everywhere in the world that’s not America. We do that here in the UK too.
America is weird man.
quimmiq is the inuktituk word for the canadian eskimo dog (canis familiaris borealis), which after four thousand years in canada’s arctic faces imminent extinction, in large part due to a policy of eradication by the royal canadian mounted police meant to force the inuit into government settlement. brian ladoon, whose dogs we see here near churchill, manitoba, has been breeding quimmiq for over forty years and is largely responsible for maintaining the species.
so it was with much trepidation that brian noticed a group of polar bears, who eat quimmiq, approaching his dogs one day in 1992. though most of his dogs became quite defensive, one of them playfully ventured up to a polar bear and the two got on like old firends. every year since, the polar bears will stop by ladoon’s place to play with the dogs on their way to the newly iced over hudson bay.
these photos were taken by famed arctic photographer norbert rosing, who just happened to be with brian on that day in 1992. the canadian eskimo dog is still on the verge of extinction, with estimates of three hundred or less left. "the last dogs of winter" is a 2011 documentary on brian ladoon’s efforts
DOG AND BEAR FRIEND EVERYONE LOOK
The Daily Show tries to help white people understand what it’s like to be stopped and frisked.
GOOD B Y E
Some people were a little confused so I made this.
Good, I thought I was the only one to think this
Paramore - Ain’t It Fun
The Master List Of Insanely Awesome Links To Cure Boredom With!
- 27 Incredible Views You’d Only See If You Were A Bird
- The 40 Greatest Dog GIFs Of All Time. This Wins The Internet
- What Cities Would Look Like Without Any Lights…WHOA
- 20 Microwave Life Hacks You Might Not Know About
- Top 10 Beauty Life Hacks! These Are Brilliant.
- The 15 Most Unbelievably Colorful Places in the World
- 11 Animals Being Total Jerks
- 13 Hypnotizing GIFs That Show How Everyday Things Are Made
- 21 Things You Might Not Know About Jurassic Park. #8 Blew My Mind.
- This Is The Most Entertaining Way To Pass Time On The Train
- This Guy Asked For Someone To Fix The Redeye In His Pic. What Happened Next Is Why I Love The Internet.
- 13 Amazing Photos of THINGS CUT IN HALF!
- The 21 Most Ridiculous Infomercial GIFs. #How Do I Life
- This Is Why Photoshop Was Invented. Meet Benedict Cumbercats.
- Here Are 13 Random Acts Of Kindness That Will Make Your Day.
- 14 Reasons To Love Pope Francis. What A Great Human Being.
- 14 Celebrities That LOOK LIKE MATTRESSES
- 11 Celebrities That Might Be Time Travelers
- 12 Weirdly Awesome Things Inside This Guy’s Beard
- The 10 Best Pizza Ideas Ever
- 10 Starbucks Secret Menu Items
- 20 Reasons Fat Cats Are Undeniably The Best Cats
- The Best Movies Coming Out This Year
- 12 Reasons Fake Nails Are The Absolute Worst
- Hand Drawn Art You Won’t Believe Is Real!
- Nurses Held This Newborn Up To Meet His Mommy For The First Time. What He Did Next Melted My Heart.
"You could be a hero for somebody if you stand up for someone. It’s just really important that that person who’s being hurt doesn’t feel hurt and alone; but they feel like they’re being supported by someone else and someone is standing up for them..”
The absence of women in history is man made.
*how to spawn demons: a beginner’s guide to chemistry
When it comes to cooking, not everyone is at the same skill level…
Cats do not like fruits
Obstacle from Level 7-4 of the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2, known internationally as the Lost Levels.
Page 1 of 632